Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rose Water Cupcakes + Guava Juice Cupcakes = Valentine's Day Cupcakes!







I was planning on making Valentine's Day macarons but I'm scared to waste that many egg whites and almonds again. Sooooo I decided to play it safe with cupcakes.
I stopped by the super store and was browsing exotic Indian/Chinese/Japanese isle when a bottle of rose water caught my eye....only 2.09 so I went for it. And then a carton of Guava juice caught my eye as well, so again, into my cart it went.

Rose Water Surprise Cupcakes
(makes 12....maybe less)

1 c margarine
1 c sugar
1 tbs rose water
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 c milk
1 1/4 c flour
12 caramel Hershey's kisses (or any flavor)

Cream margarine and sugar together, add egg and rose water blend well. Add baking soda. Alternate milk and flour and mix until fully Incorporated. In cupcake tin, place a small amount of batter and then place kiss on top and cover 2/3s full. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Guava Juice and White Chocolate Cupcakes
(makes 10ish)

2 oz white chocolate, melted
1/2 c margarine
1 c sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 c guava juice
1 1/2 flour

Cream margarine, melted chocolate and sugar together. Add egg and almond extract. Add baking soda. Alternate adding juice and flour. Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment