Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Black Russian Brownies


When I get home today I am going to make these, they sound very unique with ingredients like black pepper and kahlua and vodka. I found the recipe in a 'favorite brand name recipes, homemade holiday cookies' booklet from 1992. I think they'll be good.

Black Russian Brownies

4 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 c butter
3/4 tsp black pepper
4 eggs lightly beaten
1 1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 c kahlua
2 tbs vodka
1 1/3 c flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 c chopped walnuts

line bottom of 13x9 inch pan with waxed paper
melt chocolate and butter with pepper in small sauce pan over low heat. remove from heat.
combine eggs sugar and vanilla in large bowl, beat well. stir in cooled chocolate mixture, vodka and kahlua. combine baking powder and flour and add to large bowl. stir until blended. add walnuts. bake at 350 until toothpick inserted comes out clean (25 min about) DO NOT OVER BAKE (says the recipe).


Rating: 8.5/10

very dense and fudgy, good flavour will definitely make again. black pepper was not tasted at all, which I am not sure saddens me or is a good thing. I didn't have a pan at boyfriends house so I used my silicone muffin tray (which is truly amazing and handy).

No comments:

Post a Comment