Saturday, January 30, 2010

Devil's Fudge Brownies


My girlfriend at work told me about the Frank's Red Hot Sauce commercial with the Granny who wins first place and they ask her what her secret is. By the poor way she described it I thought she had meant that the Granny had baked something, but then my friend said "oh, I don't know what it was that she won with, its just so funny!". Later I saw the commercial for myself and how they advertise recipes on their website. So I looked up desserts on http://www.franksredhot.com/ and found a list of only 2 recipes: Devil Made Me Do It! Fudge Sauce and Devil's Fudge Brownies.
So I decided on the recipe that actually required some baking....or so I thought. After already adding half of the ingredients to my mixer, I read the recipe to the bottom and saw that it was in fact a MICROWAVE recipe!!!! I've never tried micro-baking and don't want to start. So after adding the rest of ingredients I plopped it into a circular baking pan and stuck her in the oven at 350.
You can find the true recipe here: http://www.franksredhot.com/retailrecipeview.php?id=RE0018&recipe=DEVIL%26%2339%3BS-FUDGE-BROWNIES

Here is the recipe with a couple variations (like baking, not nuking!)

Devil's Fudge Brownies

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons FRANK'S® REDHOT® Cayenne Pepper Sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Blend all together in electric mixture until all is incorporated. Grease and flour a pan....probably a smaller sized one for thicker brownies. Bake at 350 for 20ish minutes until toothpick comes out clean.

I found that in the circular pan the edges burned a tad bit(not too badly but and the middle was still gooey. So I turned the oven down a couple notches and took it out 6 minutes later when the toothpick came out almost clean.

Outcome:
I don't really like it....too much hot sauce I think. Baby sister liked it, but she always claims to like weird things so I never really know if she does or just wants to. Good consistency, nice and dark and chocolaty and almost chewy. But hot sauce should maybe stay with dinner and not dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment