Monday, January 18, 2010

ICE: Chicken Noodle Soup Cupcake (meat free!!)







After the first IRON CUPCAKE EARTH entry that I posted, I just wasn't satisfied. I told my mom about the contest and she said chicken noodle soup...jokingly. But the more I thought about the idea the more appealing it became! So last night while laying in bed and attempting at sleep, I began thinking about a chicken noodle soup cupcake. And this morning I went straight from shower to kitchen and mapped out a plan.
I threw ingredients in the mixer and the out come was beautiful. The cupcake rose beautifully and had a taste like sweet cornbread. I loved it. But for those of you worried about the meat content, don't be because there isn't any! This only made 9 cupcakes because I was hesitant that it would be a disaster and wanted to waste as little as possible. Little did I know!

Chicken Noodle Soup Cupcake

1 c melted butter
1 c sugar
1 c and 4 tbs flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
3 fresh green beans chopped up
1 c shaved/shredded carrot
1/2 c milk
1/2 a cube of McCormick all vegetable chicken flavored bouillon
1/4 tsp of dried parsley, basil and ground rosemary and sweet paprika (you could probably add more of the spices or any other spice to taste)
1/4 c mini bow tied pasta (place in microwavable bowl, cover with water, microwave for 2 minutes or until el dente)

Mix butter, flour, sugar and baking soda in electric mixer. In separate bowl whisk together rest of ingredients, Add liquids to electric mixer. Gently fold in pasta.
Fill muffin cups 2/3s full and bake for 15 minutes at 350 or until toothpick comes out clean.

For an icing I just used a simple milk and icing sugar glaze since I don't think a sweet over bearing frosting would do. I used carrots and fresh parsley for the top decor from my garden...even though its is mid January there is no snow on the ground and the plants seem to be at a stand still. Which I love!!!

1 comment: